NSK ABLE Forecaster is a life equation that takes into consideration all operating conditions for determining service
life. Fatigue load limit, lubricating conditions, contamination of lubricant, and difference of materials, which have not
been considered in conventional life equations, are reflected precisely in ABLE Forecaster. By using this equation,
users can predict bearing life easily and with greater accuracy. Further details can be found in the "HELP" of life
ABLE Forecaster calculates rolling fatigue life, which is defined as bearing life until the occurrence of flaking.
Applicable to most operating conditions, with a few exceptions as listed below. Contact NSK for further details.
- Operations under a large load that exceed the smaller load between Static Load Rating Co and 50% of the
Dynamic Load Rating
- Low-speed operations of less than 20 rpm
- High-speed operations exceeding the limiting speed
- Bearing temperature exceeding 130 °C
- Operations under heavily contaminated conditions of water, debris, etc.
- Operations under conditions of high-vibration
- Conditions where there is a large misalignment between the inner and outer rings
- Bearings with the occurrence of abnormalities such as wear, corrosion, or electric erosion
- Operations under extremely poor lubrication or very light loads
NAVI-FOCUS can compute the life calculation（ISO281:2007）and conventional life calculation（ISO281:1990）. The
conventional equation is listed in NSK General Catalog.